Thursday 20 June 2013

Latest Beauty Haul

So, I'm ridiculous when it comes to make up. I can't go into a store and just buy 1 item. So here's a little collection of the items I have brought in the past month or so :) - this is a little lengthy as I've reviewed some of the products, so sit back and enjoy!
 Some of these are the best products I've ever brought. Others, not so. I have always been a bit of a Mac foundation whore, but last month I decided enough was enough, I needed to experiment with others. I sit for hours and watch make-up tutorials on YouTube and so many YouTubers rave about NARS Sheer Glow so this was my next purchase. The service is brilliant and they help you choose the perfect shade for your colour. I'm pretty pale but there was three different shades of paleness for me to choose from to suit the tone of my skin. Amazing. I find Mac either too yellowy or too pale. I was determined to finish the bottle of Mac I still had, but I could not resist. I think I've used the Mac once since I've had NARS. Naughty naughty.

Pacco Rabanne Black XS. My all time favourite perfume! I normally don't get big bottles because I find them ridiculously expensive. But, duty free! The 80ml bottle for something like £39.99. What a barjaaainnnn. (Yes, that is suppose to be said with a J). I wear it everyday and it lasts all day. It's quite a strong deep smell but that's what I love. Love a bit of musk!

Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara (the greeny/blue one). I was a little sceptical about this at first as it's supposedly made from gel?! Personally couldn't tell the difference, but I do love it. Goes on nice, doesn't flake, strong black colour and actually does what it says, gives me long, voluminous lashes. The only downfall I have with this is the brush. I feel its a bit flimsy so doesn't let me get quite as close to the lash line as I'd like.

 These little selection of goodies are some of my favourite products. I have recently just started using gel eye-liner (I know, where the hell have I been?!) I bloody love it! I sometimes find liquid eyeliners get sticky and make my eyes sore. I also find that one side of my eye will go a nice matt finish where as the other side looks like I have a piece of plastic layered over it?!  No idea what that's about. Either way, Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24H (which is true, I slept in it last night :/) You are like a little piece of heaven to my eyes! Easy to apply, lasts all day but comes of easily, smudges easily to create the smokey eye and more importantly, there's loads of it which means I won't have to buy any for aaages!

The Sleek Luminous Powder with an SPF of 15 is a little delight. Gives my make-up a nice 'luminous' finish and is an absolute bargain at £6.99. (In general, I find sleeks range pretty decent and good value for money! You can buy it in SuperDrug or online.) I don't think it lasts all day, but it doesn't state that it does, so you do have to reapply a couple of times throughout the day. But I don't mind :)

All the other products are of decent quality also, and all relatively cheap. The white compact is a gold highlighter (Sunbeam) from Topshop, the item below that is a little highlighter from Along Came Betty (starlight shine) from Tesco, the cream coloured paint pot is a cream eyeshadow from MAC (Bare study). An everyday item that I love, as a base or on it's own and lastly the peach coloured Revlon Photoready cream blush (pinched 100), a little difficult to apply but has a nice finish.

I hope this hasn't bored you too much, if you would like to know anymore about any of the other items, let me know. 

Ciao x

No comments:

Post a Comment